The mission of the Rittman Recreation Center is to provide the citizens of Rittman and the surrounding area the opportunity to participate in quality leisure and fitness activities.
Welcome to our newly revamped WEBSITE...
Let us know what you think!!!
2015 Rittman Recreation Sunday Men’s Softball League
*At the Current Moment we have one open spot for a team. 12 of the 14 spots were filled by returning teams from last year and as of 3/12/2015 on team was on a waiting list and took a spot.*
If you are interested in joining the league you will need to call up to the recreation center and ask to be put on the list for softball.
This list will only be open for the weekend
At that point it is a first come first serve (we require a deposit for new teams)
2015 Sunday Men’s Softball League
League runs Sunday May 17th, 2015 through Sunday August 2nd, 2015
There will be No games on May 24th, 2015 and July 5th, 2015
All games will be played at Martin Fritz Memorial Park on Industrial Street in Rittman
Games are played between 11am-6pm
Captains meeting April 22nd, 2015 at 7pm in Rittman Recreation Center Community Room
Fee $450 for All Teams
- Fee includes team registration, umpire fees, and balls.
- Games will be played in double header Format with a 5 minute intermission between games.
- This is a recreation league. Foul play or unsportsmanlike conduct WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. Any player or spectator guilty of foul play or unsportsmanlike conduct will be removed from play for the remainder of the evening and the next schedule evening. Decisions for player or spectator removal belong to the umpire.
- We will be playing under the Freedom Softball Sport with league amended rules.
- The league will be made up of 12 teams, each with up to 20 registered players.
- Teams are allowed to field 10 players and bat 12. All fielding players must bat.
- Players must be substituted at any time. Substituted players may not return to the field. Players may be rotated to a fielding position ONCE without drawing a penalty. Example: Pitching change.
- Games will be played in Double Header format.
- Teams that do not show up will forfeit the scheduled games for that evening.
- League Champions will be determined by Tournament following regular season.
- Pitching count will begin with 1 ball and 1 strike. Batters are allowed 1 foul ball. The second foul ball will be scored as an Out.
- All fielding players must bat. Extra batters are allowed, but not required.
- Each team will be allowed 6 over-the-fence Home Runs. All other over-the-fence Home Runs will be scored as an Out.
- Pitch arch is 4”-10”
- The Run Rule will be called after 4 innings if the leading team is up by 20 or more runs.
Remember this is a Recreation League. HAVE FUN!!!
As a participant in this and any other program of the City of Rittman Parks and Recreation Department, I/we recognize and acknowledge that there are certain risks and I/we agree to assume all such risks including any damages resulting from physical injuries, death, loss of service or consortium, loss or damage to property, or any other loss which I/we may sustain as a result of participating in any and all activities connected with or associated with such programs. In consideration of the Rittman Parks and Recreation Department accepting me or my child’s registration, and with the intent to be legally bound, I hereby, for myself, for my child, all heirs, executors, administrators, and assigns, do hereby forever release, wave and relinquish all claims I have or may have as a result of participating in this and all other programs of the City of Rittman Parks and Recreation Department. Furthermore, I promise not to sue the City of Rittman Parks and Recreation Department and its officers, agents, servants, employees and insurers from all liabilities, claims, demands, actions or causes of action resulting from physical injuries, including death, loss of services or consortium, loss of damage of property, or any other loss to me on account of my participation in this and all other programs of the City of Rittman Parks and Recreation Department.
Adult 18+ Open Volleyball
When: Sundays Oct.6th until Spring & Mondays 7:30pm-8:45pm
3:30 - 5:30pm
Free to members!
$2 for non-members
7th grade toAdults
Begins: Jan. 12th
Members Free /Non-Members $2